“Here is our new video for Chained! Directed by Young Replicant, who were a pleasure to work with. Spending 2 days underwater wasn’t quite as easy as we thought. We love how it turned out, hope you enjoy too, xx The xx”
Ten years ago, Interpol’s debut album seized the imagination of a generation. The spare, lean textures, darkly oblique lyrics and suave stage presence were entirely different from the bands who preceded them on the charts and the radio.
Now on November 30, we are commemorating Turn On The Bright Lights with a Tenth Anniversary Edition, fully remastered in a beautiful deluxe hardbound book with unreleased photos (48 pages in the CD, 28 large pages in the vinyl) and a second disc of bonus tracks, many unreleased, plus demos and B-sides and a DVD.
The album will be available as a double CD+DVD, double LP+DVD, and digital album with digital booklet. Preorders will come with a replica of the band’s first piece of merchandise, a button with the original Interpol logo.
THE ORIGINAL ALBUM, REMASTERED:
2. Obstacle 1
5. Say Hello To The Angels
6. Hands Away
7. Obstacle 2
8. Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down
10. The New
11. Leif Erikson
THE BONUS MATERIAL:
1. Interlude (iTunes single) §
2. Specialist (Interpol EP)
3. PDA (First Demo, 1998)
4. Roland (First Demo, 1998)
5. Get The Girls (Song 5) (First Demo, 1998)
6. Precipitate (2nd Demo, 1999) §
7. Song Seven (Original Version) (2nd Demo, 1999) §
8. A Time To Be So Small (Orig Version) (2nd Demo,1999)
9. Untitled (Third Demo, 2001) * =
10. Stella (Third Demo, 2001) * =
11. NYC (Third Demo, 2001) =
12. Leif Erikson (Third Demo, 2001) * =
13. Gavilan (Cubed) (Third Demo, 2001) †
14. Obstacle 2 (Peel Session, 2001) =
15. Hands Away (Peel Session, 2001) =
16. The New (Peel Session, 2001) * =
17. NYC (Peel Session, 2001) * =
§ unreleased on vinyl
* unreleased recording
† unreleased song
= in the vinyl package, this track is only included on the bonus coupon
– The 3 music videos: PDA, NYC, Obstacle 1
– Mercury Lounge, NYC concert footage, May 2000 (Sam’s first show with the band, multi-camera shoot)
– The Troubadour, Los Angeles concert footage, September 2002 (professional multi-camera shoot)
A Mixtape of Incidental Instrumentals by Kirin J Callinan
“Most of these pieces were recorded after midnight & before six am. The process was, usually, to plug a guitar in direct, via a few units, to an 8 track hard disk recorder and play. I was frequently alone. When not alone I was with either Daniel Stricker, Kim Moyes, Francois Tetaz, Alice Englert, James Domeyko, Jono Ma or Chris Petro. Thank you to all concerned” – KJC
Scott Walker will finally release his long awaited fifth studio album Bish Bosch on 30 November 2012 via 4AD/Remote Control.
Today an extensive four-minute trailer for Bish Bosch was released which features snippets of several songs alongside in-studio footage. Director’s Iain Forsyth
& Jane Pollard were granted rare access to the studio to capture Scott, his co-producer Peter Walsh and some of the musicians involved in the making of the record.
With this footage, they have helped to create a unique film that uses extracts from tracks ‘See You Don’t Bump His Head’, ‘Tar’, ‘Dimple’, ‘Corps De Blah’, ‘Phrasing’ and ‘Epizootics!’ to offer a tantalising insight to this much-anticipated album. Also included in this short film are glimpses of Scott working with painter Ben Farquharson and designer Philip Laslett in the creation of the album’s artwork.
You can download ‘Belispeak II’ here.
Alabama Shakes will be touring Australia in the new year as part of the Big Day Out line up and will also be headlining sideshows. Don’t miss out!
Thursday 17 January – The Metro Theatre, Sydney
Friday 18 January – Big Day Out, Sydney
Sunday 20 January – Big Day Out, Gold Coast
Thursday 24 January – The Forum Theatre, Melbourne
Friday 25 January – Big Day Out, Adelaide
Saturday 26 January – Big Day Out, Melbourne
Monday 28 January – Big Day Out, Perth